I’ve never been one of those girls with perfect, flawless skin. I’m 32 and still get pimples pretty regularly and I often think to myself… “seriously, when does this stop? I’m not 16 anymore?” Since I was a teenager I’ve had pretty terrible skin and tried all of the things to help like the pill, creams and even Roacutane at one point. From those teenage years of acne, I have a lot of scarring and still suffer from hormone acne now. Add pregnancy onto it and lately, my skin has basically resembled me at age 16. But listen up, as I’ve found two devices that have literally transformed my skin from Zitville to pretty-damn-clear, in the space of 3 weeks.
Just a month ago I was contacted by PMD Beauty to try out a few of their devices. To be honest, I’m always a little hesitant about at-home skincare tools. They kind of automatically remind me of the things you see advertised on the shopping network at 2am. But after using their products for 3 weeks, I can HONESTLY say my skin has not been this clear for years.
WHAT IS THIS LITTLE DEVICE THAT I LIKE TO CALL MY MAGIC-ZIT-ZAPPING-WAND?
The first one I want to mention and my absolute fave is the PMD Personal Microderm. It is pretty much the same thing as stepping into a salon and having a microdermabrasion treatment. I don’t know about you, but I am one of those people who has a facial probably once a year, so having something like this at home that is quick and easy is the best. Go take a look at some of the before and afters this bad boy has achieved.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Well, the spinning disks exfoliate away dead, dull cells from the surface of the skin. By removing all that gross old skin, new cell growth is stimulated. It also works in hand with the suction (and the suction part does feel a bit weird at first, but you get the hang of it) to increase circulation and boost collagen and elastin. The other bonus is that as it removes the top layer of dead skin cells, your normal skincare products can penetrate 20x deeper… so basically, they work waaaaaay better.
SO HOW DO YOU USE IT?
- Cleanse your face and towel dry your skin. I like to do it just after my shower each Sunday evening, that way I always remember to do it once a week
- Select which disc you want to use, start with the white disc first
- Connect the power cord to the device and plug it in, and away you go
- Pull your skin tight with one hand and using your other hand, glide the device over your face in an upward motion. You want to use it from the chin up and only go over each patch of skin once.
- Once you’re done, apply toner and moisturizer
- Wash the cap and filer with each use
- And BAM you’re done… that was quicker then stepping out to the beauty salon, yeah?
MY RESULTS SO FAR?
- The first week after using it all of my blackheads and gross things that have been hiding in my skin for ages came out – get that junk out I say.
- My skin is soft. Like, I’m talking super-babies-bum kinda soft.
- Makeup like my foundation or BB-cream is soaking in so much nicer, and also just sitting on my skin better
- By week 3, pretty much all of hormone related, big, sore acne had gone. Hallelujah!
- A little glow – I’ve definitely noticed my skin has more of a glow. Maybe it’s the pregnancy glow finally kicked in? Who knows… but I’m down with it.
So, if you’re also a busy-ass mama who does not have time to get to treatments, and also does not have the cashola to pay for it weekly or fortnightly, this little gadget is for you. Will it make you look 5 years younger and a new version of yourself? Probably not… but it will clear up your skin, work on reducing those wrinkles and make you feel more confident with less make up on. It’s a total win my books, and something I’m going to keep up on using each week. It takes a total of 3 minutes, once a week, so I’d be crazy not to.
The other product I love is the PMD Clean. This one is a facial cleansing device that gives your skin a really good deep cleanse whilst lifting and toning problem areas. With 7,000 vibrations per minute it breaks down all that yuck dirt and oil that sits in your pores. It’s odour-resistant, antibacterial and waterproof, so you can use it in the shower. Plus, it comes in a range of pretty pastel colours… clearly, I chose the pink! I was also lucky enough to try out their skincare products which feel really nice on your skin. Out of the 3 I tried, the moisturiser would have to be my go to.
I’ve really loved trying out these two products, but if I had to choose only one of them, I would definitely go the PMD Personal Microderm. The results I have had are amazing and I’m feeling so much more comfortable in my own skin. Seeya hormone acne!
This post was created in partnership with PMD Beauty. All thoughts and opinions are my own.